Friday, October 16, 2009

Treasure

Our basement caught on fire yesterday. Long story short, everyone is fine and all we have is some smoke damage but let me tell you, something like that makes you think. I always felt like I would have time to get certain things out of the house if we ever had a fire...right. Brandon was busy trying to put out the fire and I grabbed the kids and ran out of the house after calling 911. (Thanks for getting here so fast, guys! Forest Fire Dept. rocks!!) There was no time for anything other than escape. Scary. Makes you re-evaluate what is important and what's not. Wedding albums, important documents, cars...all of it means nothing. If we had escaped with just the clothes on our backs, it would have been okay. My family means more to me than any of the stuff that fills my house. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful that everything in our house is fine but I am even more grateful for Brandon and the two children God has given me. They are amazing.

Baking pumpkin muffins with momHe's one strong boy!Father & SonFinally caught a smile on camera!

2 comments:

Anne Taylor said...

Love the new web page design!! And some great shots of Myles. He has already changed SO much since I was there. Love the smiley photo - looks like the one to choose for my "fridge" collection. Fire!? - what a scare - will call for details. Glad you guys are okay.

Dolly said...

wow! I didn't know that happened to ya'll. Glad everything is okay. I'm catching up on your blog and LOVE the pics of your kiddos. Especially the one of your little guy smiling! So CUTE!