Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Addison!!!


My little girl is one year old...no longer a baby, she is a toddler with a world waiting for her to explore. She has transformed our lives completely and we will never be the same. Addison has brought so much joy to Brandon and I. Neither of us can get over just how much she looks like her daddy or how quickly she became the center of our lives. She is beautiful in every sense of the word. Her laughter lights up a room and her chubby little thighs make us want to hold her and squeeze her forever. Her endless chatter makes us wonder what thoughts are going on inside her little head. She claps for herself after blowing a kiss, she dances with her little behind sticking out, she "sings" in her own little way. She is absolutely amazing. She loves music. She loves books. She loves to eat. She fights sleep. She entertains herself...I often hear her "talking" to her toys in her crib. She loves her daddy. Brandon gets all her attention when he walks in the door from work. She giggles and belly-laughs and runs away from him in an attempt to get him to chase her. She has the most beautiful blue eyes and a hairline I hope she grows out of. :) She has the cutest lips that often cover the little gap in her front two teeth. I love her smile. I love her laugh. I love the little strawberries on her arm and back...I'm almost disappointed that they will go away. I'm sure she won't be. She is such an amazing gift and I am so thankful that God has entrusted her to Brandon and I. We pray for her salvation every day. We pray that God fills her with His Spirit. We pray that God would make us into the parents that she needs and that He's called us to be. We are so grateful for her. We're grateful for those of you who were able to come and celebrate her life with us. Thank you for being a part of her life and coming alongside us as we raise her. Thank You, God, for such a precious gift!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to be able to be there for Addie's first birthday. I can attest to the fact that she is adorable. I was most impressed with how good natured she is, always laughing, able to entertain herself, happy-go-lucky. She is such fun to be around. The birthday party was so nice. I've never seen anyone tear up a birthday cake quite like her!! She will enjoy the video I took when she grows up - I'm sure!!

Aunt Annie

Anonymous said...

Hey Monica & Brandon! Amanda and I are sitting here reading your blog and looking at the beautiful photos of Addison! What a cutie!! Happy 1st Birthday Addison!

Thank you for the blog link too!

Love Scott & Amanda

Christy said...

Monica!! It's Christy Damas Martin...I ran across your blog somehow (haha) and just had to say hello..its been SO long! Hope you guys are well...your little girl is just precious!! We have a blog too...you'll have to check it out sometime. christyandjoshua.blogspot.com. Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS!! She is soooo CUTE!