Thursday, May 15, 2008

The First of The Blowouts

I thought I would make it through the first year without any diaper blowouts. I really was so close. Only one week to go...and then...the inevitable happened. More than once I might add. I don't know what I fed Addison that made her digestive system goes crazy, but apparently I fed her quite a bit of it. It began yesterday afternoon while Cheryl and Kyleigh were over. I was so glad other people were there to witness the event. Addison toddled over to Kyleigh who immediately noticed the smell. I picked Addie up only to notice a foreign substance on her leg...and her foot...and her clothes. DISGUSTING!!! She had even overflowed onto the floor! I think I stared at my sister Cheryl for a moment like the situation would remedy itself. She took the situation in stride and directed me to take Addie upstairs and put her right into the tub. Good directions. I have since followed it a few more times. Fortunately, none of the subsequent occurrences were as bad as the first. We have changed crib sheets and outfits a few times, but Addie has been feeling a bit better over the past two days. I'm thinking maybe it was the eggs I fed her...Eggs for breakfast tomorrow??? Not for a good long while.

2 comments:

ers said...

i can not believe that was your first blow out. but nery fun. you just have to laugh.
did you even notice that i tagged you a while ago meaning you have to answer a series of questions...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.